Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your passport to love land

As you may have noticed I closed out my last blog entry with lyrics from Cursive's song "What Have I Done." At the time they were more depressing because, well I was a bit depressed, but now I see them as more motivational. For like the tenth time this year I've made some decisions about how I'm going to live my life following a trip upstate and once again I've done it. So the old me is dead and gone, well not so much dead or gone, but more like hidden in the attic like the red headed step child.




As I was driving home the other day I realized something that was kind of depressing, I may never set foot in Oswego again. I've really got no reason to go back anymore, no offense to Heather who may or may not be reading this, and it feels like I've graduated. Except you know without the whole diploma thing and being able to move on. And that's what sucks, is that because I've done nothing with myself for the last year or so, that I am basically forced to stay here until I finish up college somewhere. Ideally in a year or so but nothing's gone the way I planned so why would this.

Because of this I've decided to commit to writing more, whether it be my Christmas story(How We Saved Christmas), or another piece entirely it's something I would like to see through from start to finish regardless of bad it turns out to be. I'm thinking this first book will be my life's work of sorts, something I'll never stop working on until I feel the world is ready to handle it.

Quick note: Instead of "How We Saved Christmas," I originally typed "Ho We Saved Christmas" which I think will be my follow up. Except there'll be a comma, "Ho, We Saved Christmas" and Ludacris will make an appearance and do rap song not unlike Vanilla Ice in the second turtles movie. Of course it will be legen, wait for it, dary! BTW, that will never get old. Hopefully.




New dredg and mewithoutyou records have me a bit confused. They're good but neither is what I was hoping for/expecting. Which ultimately means save for a few select songs they're both a bit disappointing.

New Straylight Run and Wilco, first impressions are positive. Haven't listened either nearly enough yet, but Straylight is more a return to the self titled and their original demos.

No comments: