Shadowfax appears to be at the end of the line. This is depressing for a few reasons, one I'm forced to realize that while I can buy some drinks at the bar I'm not nearly as wealthy as I'd like to be. Secondly, I love that car and I wish it could have gotten to 200,000 miles. And finally I feel like I've given up on it, makes me all kinds of sad.
About to get thrust into the real world of journalism, like this week. To say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement.
Now that I've been writing for close to a month here's my thought process on how things are going.
1. For the first time I'm getting some real feedback, which is a good for my progress but bad for my temporary self-esteem.
2. Some coaches are nice to talk to, very friendly and others are unintentionally intimidating.
3. The articles I feel are my best are usually the ones my editor dislikes the most. But I feel I'm learning what he wants and how he wants it done.
This Michael Bay Victoria's Secret commercial is awesome. Not gonna lie, this man maybe the single most awesome human on the planet.
Linda McMahon is running for senator? Awesome. Don't blow this Connecticut. Apparently she was appointed to the Connecticut Board of Education, who knew?
More about Linda and the WWE...
"Linda helped grow a company from a modest 13-person operation to a publicly traded, global enterprise with over 500 employees and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Orlando, London, Ontario, Shanghai, and Tokyo. The company has been named one of the Forbes 200 Best Small Companies."
That's considered a small company? Really Forbes?
Ok, I've spent the past few minutes reading over her site, and I'm sold on her as a candidate.
The Bon Iver song, "Skinny Love" is still one of my favorite songs of the last few years.
And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
And now all your love is wasted
And then who the hell was I?
And I'm breaking at the britches
And at the end of all your lines.
Who doesn't love a little Butch Walker. Filmed at the 11/13 NYC date, which yours truly was fortunate enough to attend.
I can't tell how I feel about Mariano Rivera's demeanor on the mound. He looks so lifeless and defeated it's almost like he doesn't care anymore. But then again I am a big believer in the act like you've been there before celebrations. So I'm like Natalia Imbruglia.
Memorable quotes from nights of drinking...
"It's good because it's good."
-Tim I think, maybe Kevin, maybe someone else.
"If I had a gun that could shoot lava I would rule the world."
-Yours truly, because I'm vain.
New music is good.
New Tegan And Sara is good, not sure it's better than The Con
New Switchfoot is good, better than anything they've done since Beautiful Letdown
New Say Anything is also good. Much better than In Defense of the Genre possibly due to it not being two discs.
New band to me, Harvard, is good. Vocally similar to Circa Survive era Anthony Green.
Played around with google maps, found out that the route I take to Oswego is eight miles shorter than the suggested route but a full fifteen minutes longer. Not sure I believe that for a second. These are the things that entertain me while I sit around listening to music.
Tay Swift is dating that dude from Twilight who's not Rob Patts? When the shit did this happen?
Chances are if you're reading this you care about my opinions on things. Or you're just bored. Anyways, since you all car so much here's my year end favorites list.
Album of the Year:
1. Brand New: Daisy
Not really a surprise there, but beyond the Brand New bias I have to say it's a bad ass record.
2. Fun.: Aim and Ignite
A fine collection of pop songs that have gotten better with more listens.
3. Set Your Goals: This Will Be The Death of Us
Great pop punk from start to finish, killer guest vocals and it's pedal to the medal the entire time.
4. The Dangerous Summer: Reach For The Sun
5. .moneen.: The World I Want To Leave Behind
6. Manchester Orchestra: Mean Everything To Nothing
7. Thrice: Beggars
8. The Damnwells: One Last Century
9. Third Eye Blind: Ursa Major
10. As Tall As Lions: You Can't Take It With You
11. Switchfoot: Hello Hurricane
12. Tegan and Sara: Sainthood
13. Wilco: Wilco
14. Trophy Scars: Bad Luck
15. Polar Bear Club: Chasing Hamburg
Song of the Year:
1. Passion Pit: Little Secrets
2. fun.: The Gambler
3. The Devil and The Lion: The Thief
4. Brand New: You Stole
5. Jay-Z: DOA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment