I have a genuine appreciation for spam email and other devices intended to ruin with me with a few mouse clicks. They're obviously spam, but I always have a moment of inner debate.
"Oral Sex? I can't afford not to check this out."
Winter Olympic breakdown:
-The winter Olympics are only something like three days old it's clear they are vastly superior to the Summer Olympics. The sports here are much more difficult, there's more skill involved less natural ability. The events are more varied, the summer events seem to blend into one. I know that the winter has something like 15 different ski based events and dozens of ice skating but there's more difference there as far as I'm concerned than in the swimming or track and field events. Maybe I'm biased.
-Most people probably don't care for curling and cross country skiing but I've become fascinated. Admittedly curling drags a bit(appreciate the clever curling related pun so I can feel better about myself), but there's strategy and more importantly there's someone to get angry with. And he's called the skipper. Now about cross country, my brother and my dad aren't sold on the sport. Lack of apparent drama in the events with staggered starts. But I actually kind of like it, the sport is an individual effort and it is thoroughly exhausting. And on top of that the nice twist is you don't know where you stand. At any given moment you can be thirty seconds ahead of five minutes behind, all you know is you've got to bust your ass and finish as quick as you can. I know a lot of people step up when they they're being challenged, but when it's just you, you've got to motivate yourself and you can't risk slowing down since you've got no idea how your competition is doing. It's a nice change of pace as far as I'm concerned.
-Women's hockey and I have a love hate relationship. The differences between the top teams and the rest of the field is so absurd but when you get two good teams playing it's fairly interesting. You know, assuming you don't try and compare it to men's hockey, if you take it for what it's worth it's actually pretty exciting. It's back and forth, and since there's no hitting the puck rarely gets slowed down and stops moving. It's got good pace. And some of these girls can skate, well at least one line on the Finnish team. It's like all three of them were the Finnish Flash.
Bold predictions:
-Kevin and I develop a deep rooted hatred for the men's skipper.
-Jenny Potter redeems herself, US women's hockey wins gold and she is no longer my nemesis.
-Figure skating will inevitably draw me in the skimpy(for the women) and the ridiculous(for the men) outfits. Then moments later I'll realize they ladies aren't attractive enough, and the men are in awkwardly tight pants and I'll stop watching.
More free time means more blogs from me.
Ke$ha fucking rules, well "Tik Tok" does. The rest of the album is underwhelming after one listen, although it did take me a few listens to get into the single as it usually does with terrible pop songs.
Best blog not about haiku's? I think so.
Rocket City by Northstar is one of my all-time favorite songs.
The Jupiter Sunrise demos that they put out right before they broke up are badass. True story.
I'm only something like two listens in, but new Rocky Votolato is great. The man is good at making good music.
The movie (500) Days of Summer is...good. I think. I don't really know. I do know that I'm borderline in love with Zooey Deschannel. I do know that the soundtrack is top notch, especially Carla Bruni who is apparently a pop star, a model, and the first lady of France. That's not fair. And also the movie broke me, it was nearly as depressing as Bridge to Terabithia, which also featured Zooey. I felt like Nate at the beginning of Wall-E, not cool. But the point I suppose.
I'm trying this thing where I stay out of my own head and don't read too much into things and beat myself up. It's not going so well. Problem is that by trying to stop over analyze I fear that it will lead me to allow other wise good things to pass me by. I've pretty much got myself to a point where it's damned if I do, damned if I don't. Which leads me to over think, and that in turn leads right back to what sought to avoid at the onset.
Here's a list of my Top 69 albums of the last decade(I swear that number was entirely unintentional).
And I must say, for the first time I've ever done something like this I'm real happy with where everything is. I've managed to do it one take when something like this would normally be a constant work in progress.
There's this band called La Dispute and they make good music. Similar to Trophy Scars, mewithoutyou and Bear Vs Shark.
What is life without a purpose
What is purpose without love
-Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies
Best website ever? I think so.
While it might have been tough to top their previous album art, a wizard riding a squid fighting robot sharks in space, I think Four Year Strong has done it with this new one.
Bucket List:
Not sure why I decided I needed a "bucket list." All I know is that Morgan Freeman had little to do with it.
Anyways without further adieu here is my bucket list version 1.0
-Attend hockey game in Canada.
-Learn antiquated form of travel, dog sledding, hot air ballooning, sailing. Something.
-Clean my room(I'm giving myself a few easy ones to make me feel better)
-Write a book
-Finish Christmas story, give to someone on Christmas
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment