Monday, March 16, 2009

My next blog should be more interesting.

Another trip upstate has come and gone and once again I just wish I had more time. Which is funny, because I have way too much free time but not nearly enough time to spend with the people that I worry I will never see again in just a matter of months. As a reaction to this realization I've made several changes in my life, most recently I've decided I'm going to do somethings even if I'm not all that interested just to have more in common with some of my friends. Additionally I'm working on being more appreciative of what I have and worrying less about what I don't have and what I can't change.

Additional upstate anecdote, I've got pictures from my camera which I will not put up on facebook/tag because I'm lazy. If you want I can email them to you and you can do it. But more importantly, I don't know what's going on with me eyes, maybe their too kick ass to show up but I'm the only one who's got the whole red eye thing in something like 140 pictures on that camera. I don't know how that happened but it alarms me, maybe I'm the terminator. Which would be awesome because then I can wear my leather vest and anyone without the last name Connor wouldn't be able to give me shit for it.




I've developed a fascination with wikipedia. Well not wikipedia exactly, but wikipedia's specifically for certain films, books, tv shows. For example the Lord of the Rings has everything you'll ever need to know without having to read the books or watch the movies. It's awesome. For example, did you know that Pippin's son, Faramir(obviously named after the Steward of Gondor) married Sam's daughter, Goldilocks. Whether they had children or not is not mentioned.

I don't know why George Clinton and one the singers from Crazy Town are on tv together but I'm sure it's awesome. Or at least I hope it is.

Fun fact Nate, the lead singer(at least I assume it's the lead singer) of Lola Ray has an English Bulldog. Be jealous.

You wanna hear a demo from what I hope to be my favorite record of the year? Sure you do. New As Tall As Lions demo/outake It's a quiet acoustic number so you may need/want to listen to it through head phones And I just figured out why I am so excited for their new stuff. With other bands I feel like they've reached their peak, for example I feel like I know what to expect from Brand New, Thursday, Augustana, Jimmy Eat World. But As Tall As Lions is still a bit of a mystery to me, they're capable of going above and beyond almost anything those other bands have put out. When I listen to them I just get the feeling that every member of the band is a great musician. Even if they don't put everything together in all their songs there's always something to like. But I don't know much about how musically talented they actually are mainly because I have no idea myself and partially because I can't seem to get Nate to listen and to tell me what to think about them. So really it's his fault.

I know everyone's all bent out of shape over the new facebook, but I rather like it. If for no other reason that it asked me what's on my mind. I appreciate that facebook, so kudos to you.

Ace Enders new CD is good. It's basicly Early November 2.0, and I'm very much okay with that.

Also just in case you didn't know, it is the season of Ted Leo. With the weather warming up and the summer approaching, I highly recommend you listen to some of his stuff. Your life will be better for it.

50 Cent will be performing on select dates with Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz might be the most powerful man in the world. BTW, this is awesome.

I changed my computer background, and I know you don't care but I'm sharing in spite of that actually. Anyways, it's Calvin and Hobbes, again, because the comics usually put me in a good mood. Which I think is proof that Calvin and Hobbes is indeed the greatest comic strip of all-time.




There are a few bands that for whatever reason I have a soft spot for. I can go months without listening to them but will not skip a track of theirs whenever it comes on randomly, the main ones are as follows...
-Paramore
-Mayday Parade
-The Rocket Summer
-Something Corporate
-Over It/ RunerRunner

No comments: