Monday, March 23, 2009

The worst part is you don't know it...

...you're having the time of your life.
-Mansions "The Worst Part"





I really hope the new Taking Back Sunday album is good. I have a soft spot for this band, more so than any of the bands mentioned in my previous blog. Tell All Your Friends is by my favorite of theirs but they have several other songs that I really do enjoy, so here's hoping they can deliver a solid album from start to finish.

Speaking of new albums, here's a video with some info on Ashley Tisdale's new album Guilty Pleasure...

MySpace Fashion Presents the FIT with Ashley Tisdale





So there's a movie called Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs coming out. It's written and directed by two of the executive producers of How I Met Your Mother. It's an animated film with a sweet cast, Mr. T for starters. I'd include the trailer for you but they didn't make it so I couldn't embed it for you. But it's worth checking out. Apparently it's based on a book. Who knew?


You wanna hear a band that very much has the "Dan sound"? Of course you do.



I think I'll see them in Oswego.




There's a company that sells cheap electronics at my place of employment. And their product descriptions are so bad it's almost like they're being translated by someone without a firm grasp of English. Think something along the lines of "all your base are belong to us." And it provides me with joy while stuck in my 40 by 53 foot cell.

Continuing the retail related comments please don't do these things. When a cashier asks for your phone number, unless you've been flirting for close to ten plus minutes don't jokingly say any of the following...
-"As long as you promise to call"
-"I'm married"
-"You hitting on my wife(or husband)?"

You're not funny. And I'll immediately hate you for forcing me to awkwardly laugh at your "original" "jokes." And yes I quoted each word to emphasize how they are neither original or jokes.

Also not allowed...
-Cheesy pick up lines, such as "are you for sale"
-"There's no price on this, so that means it's free"

Once again, you're not funny. And if you're smaller, and preferably white, I may hit you.

And final work related comment. There's a new game for the Wii called Ready 2 Rumble which isn't anything great except they blatantly included celebrity knockoffs without getting their endorsement. For example, there's Jack Black, Will Ferrel, Simon Cowel. Additionally there's a red haired skateboarder who has a flying tomato on his shirt. Clearly it's Shaun White and clearly they're using his likeness. In addition to that addition there's a rather handsome fellow who's name is something clubber. And he looks like Brad Pitt. Also I think David Beckham is in there but I'm not positive on that.




I've got a lot of downtime at work and I've become fascinated by a few things. First and foremost is farts. I've decided there's a lot going on with farts that not enough people realize. Think about it, depending on the situation farts are a) hilarious, b) inappropriate c)hilariously inappropriate. Farting is even like a way to judge how far in a relationship you are, because there are certain things you don't do immediately in a relationship, like I will wait until the third date to fully reveal how perfect I am. But normal people(mainly girls) will wait before they feel it's acceptable to fart in front of their significant other. And it's not like we're talking about weird fetishes or nerdy tendencies they're hiding. It's a perfectly normal body function. Someone with a strong work ethic needs to study this phenomenon.

Secondly, instead of writing a novel(which is far too hard and time consuming) I'll be writing a Christmas story. Entitled How We Saved Christmas it's going to be awesome. Look for it to be finished by Thanksgiving.

Thirdly, I had a dream last night that made me so genuinely afraid I damn near shot up in my bed and thought I may have peed myself. It was a dream I remember having a long long time ago. Anyways I was in a dark room/house/train car/not sure with a group of people. And this time, a puppy. Anywho, we're all sitting there in relative darkness and people are being brutally murdered every so often. Everyone's like who's the killer? Who's the killer? And I'm all like I've read Ten Little Indians I'll pretend to be dead and then throw the killer off his game and catch him! Brilliant plan, except the killer is hip to my game and comes to get me next. So I'm sitting there, pretending to be dead, with this adorable little puppy and out of nowhere lightning crashes. I hear screaming and look up and there's a ghost of the creepiest fucking kid ever right in front of me and he's looking so hard into my eyes I'm convinced he's stealing my soul. And then instead of screaming I projectile spit woke up sweaty and out breath. And I understand to you this is really lame but I had to put the tv back on and find something to watch so I wouldn't have to go back to sleep and face that creepy kid again.




I saw this video and immediately thought of Nathan.

Good Old War - Weak Man





Quick Butch Walker show review.

Butch Walker is the man. That is all. Well not really. He played what I believe to be a very similar set as last time, most of Sycamore Meadows a few choice cuts from Letters while basically ignoring Left of Self Centered and Rise and Fall..., but it's all good because he's so damn good at life. I doubt anyone has as much fun performing as he does. On top of that he's quick on his feet and can adjust on the fly/make witty comments, and he interacts with the crowd enough to get a good sense of his sincerity. And to top it off for his encore he performed the one song I wish he had played last time. Twas awesome. Also the venue was nice.

No comments: